View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 02:16 PM
Mickey2

The resin polishes protect finish and decals, I don't doubt it at all. Question is how much. If a machine isn't used there is no wear and tear to the finish, but my machines are exposed to hands, fingers, fabrics, buttons and zippers, pins (oh horror, I try to avoid it), that's my reason for the resin polish. There are loads of makes and brands and I haven't bought the very expensive ones. I clean my machines when I get them, and there is usually decades of grime on them, half a century in some cases. I polish them to have the protective film, some of the resin polishes give a very hard durable polish, the most durable and hard finish is typical of two step resin polishes. They call this extra protective step sealants, protectants, maybe "glaze" in TR3 Resin Glaze is the equivalent of this? This hard resin type polish should last years on lightly used machines, maybe six months on machines that see daily use. The first signs of wear is usually on the decals and paint in front and to the left corner on the base. On some machines I've noticed wear has been heavy in the center of the base, right next to the needle plate. I'm sure the life of decals and finish will be prolonged by regular use of the right polish.

Last edited by Mickey2; 11-17-2015 at 02:33 PM.