View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Joanie2

I'm really interested in this conversation. I purchased my Babylock Aria a year ago and was afraid to take it to retreats, etc. But then my friends said what's the point of having a good machine if you can't take it anywhere. So I purchased the XXL Tutto. As you know they are not cheap, about $250 for this one. I love that it rolls easy and that it fits my machine as well as the extension table but you are right in that it is heavy and I cannot lift it by myself. DH helps me get it into my trunk and friends help take it out. The machine itself is about 35 pounds; add the table and a few things like cutting/ironing board and the longer rulers and it gets heavier. Purchased another brand from a friend for $75 (she paid well over that) and it holds just the machine and projects but it has that telescoping handle and I just don't feel that it is going to support the weight of the machine. I'd really hate it if the machine fell through the bottom as I was lifting it. So I'm using the Tutto. After the expense of the new machine, table and Tutto I really can't afford a smaller take to retreat/class machine yet. So I'm watching to see what your responses are. Maybe I can learn something new.