Old 11-18-2015, 09:27 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by yvrdennis View Post
I'll have to get her to read this thread, especially the bits about me being a great husband.

I googled some pictures and I think hers is a Record 530.

I'm kind of leaning towards the go fabric cutter. Does anyone else have any comments on these? I looked on their website and it looks like you are limited to cutting the sizes and shapes of the dies. Is this a serious limitation?

My wife has been spending a lot of time looking at new york beauty type quilts, so I think this is the kind of thing she is planning on making.
New York Beauties (NYB) are best done paper pieced. Judy Neimeyer has some fabulous patterns that include the paper foundations. You might want to check with a local quilt shop to see if they offer any classes on paper piecing and see if she has any interest in that. Here is a link to Judy's patterns:
http://www.quiltworx.com/patterns/

Edited to add, yes with Go die you are limited to what dies you have and they are expensive. Many people do like them that have them. But some of us still enjoy cutting with a rotary cutter and self healing mat. Truth be told if my husband surprised me with a Go I would promptly return it for something else. But that is just me.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 11-18-2015 at 09:29 AM.