Old 11-19-2015, 07:14 AM
nanna-up-north

Default LBB (Little Brown Bird) #17 is the block with the LBB. And, it's done

I haven't been on for awhile.... been busy. Moving from the summer place to the winter place takes time and I don't get as much stitching done. But this is the block with the little brown bird on it. There are more of them on the borders and I have started those. This is another of the blocks for the Little Brown Bird quilt by Margaret Docherty. The book is out of print but available from eBay and sometimes Amazon.

I fell in love with it a long time ago and it is an undertaking. But several people are currently working on it and we do communicate. If you're thinking of starting it, PM me and I'll direct you as best I can to some helpful hints others have passed on to me.

And now my question, I did do some shading on the flower but was wondering, do you think I should shade the bird's belly some? I'm not sure what a brown bird is supposed to look like. It looks most like a wren to me. Let me know what you think. The belly does look a little flat I think.

Thanks for looking. My other blocks are in my album if you'd like to see more. Have a great day.
Attached Thumbnails lbb-17.jpg