Thread: Quilt Gallery
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 12:43 PM
the King's kid

Default Bookmark your site / pages

After logging into the Internet, look on your opening page for a tab named "Bookmarks" (mine is located top left corner of screen). Click one time. A drop-down window will open. The title of the site / page will appear - you can rename it to clarify better what it is about.

Before starting to “save” a site / page to "Bookmarks," I suggest you write a list of items you (think) you want to bookmark. Then set up a series of MAIN folders. There might be a tab on the drop-down menu showing a block named “New Folder.” If you do not have a folder created, click on “New Folder” block. Chose a name you will recognize. I use numerical sequences and one to two word topic names for creating new folders. Such as 1-0 Quilts, 2-0 Cleaning, 3-0 Health, etc. To create sub-folders within the MAIN ones, click to open the MAIN folder (i.e., 1-0 Quilts); must leave it open to create a new sub-folder under that heading. Notice I have given the sub-folder the name of "1-# Quilts" : 1-1 Quilt Examples). With each new sub-folder under same topic (1.0 Quilts), I name the sub-folder (example) 1.1 Quilt Rotary, 1-2 Quilt Videos, 1-3 Quilt Tutorials, 1-4 Quilt Fabrics, 1-5 Quilt Curved Pieces, 1-6 9-patch ... 1-15 Quilt Sharpener (etc).

So far I have 25 MAIN folders with sub-folders. As shown above, a sub-folder helps me remember where I saved a previous topic I am looking for: 2-0 Cleaning; sub-folders: 2-1 Cleaning Vinegar, 2-2 Cleaning Iron, 2-3 Cleaning Laundry, etc. Under 3.0 Health, 3-1 Health Gen (general), 3-2 Health Scans, 3-3 Health Food (recipes, hints, tips), 3-4 Health Spleen, 3-5 Health Rash, etc.

Everyone’s home page is set-up differently, so start looking for the tab marked "Bookmarks." If a better explanation how to get started, do a google, bing, other search for "bookmarks." I hope this helps rather than hinders you. Enjoy setting up and maintaining bookmarks and sub-bookmarks.

Last edited by the King's kid; 11-19-2015 at 01:02 PM. Reason: better explanation