View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 01:44 PM
tlrnhi

When I learned how to sew, I used my moms Singer Touch and Sew. Since she is gone, I now have it and need to get it cleaned so it can be used again. I also have my grandmothers Singer, no clue what model, that she used back in the 20s/30s to sew sails for fishing boats. It's an electric model. Both of those Singers have/are in cabinets. Original cabinets. I was looking for a machine to make clothes for my daughters and my mom and dad bought me a $100 Singer. I used that for a long time and took it in for servicing. The man was going to charge me $125 for cleaning, etc. That's more than what the machine cost! So, I went out looking for something. Wandered into Sears and saw the Kenmore Ergo3 and bought that. I fell in love with the embroidery function.
I got that home and a friend of mine dropped off her portable Kenmore to me saying....she didn't know how to use it, wasn't going to learn and wanted it out of her house. Just wished she had brought it over a few days before! So...I have 2 usable machines and the other 2, I call "decorator" machines.