View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 10:01 PM
Bree123

Default Safety Pins Snagged Fabric

Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe it was because I used Size 3 safety pins??? I thought they were just longer, but are they thicker as well?

I'm not sure. The fabric that snagged is Robert Kaufman Kona in Snow. I prewashed all my fabric & pressed it like normal. It sewed without issue & I didn't have any issues with straight pins. I ran out of #2's so I switched to #3 and so far all the snags & snapped threads have been with the #3's but I still have almost all my #2 pins in my quilt. I pull/push the snags back into the sandwich. I'm not really sure what to do with the snapped threads other than to trim the ends and say a prayer.

Should I put a tiny dot of Fray Check where it snapped? Darn? Add microstippling? I'm not about to pull out the quilting when it's over 1/4th the way done. Perhaps I'm worrying over nothing & should just wait until it comes out of the wash & decide whether to Fray Check or applique or embroider or something at that point. I just don't understand how this happened & the ladies at the LQS where I bought it couldn't offer any insight or suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!!