View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Lynnie25

Default Christmas Wallhangings

I am not a Christmas person but as I am co-ordinator of hanging quilts at our local art and craft gallery, I thought I had better make a couple of smaller quilts to hang during December.

The Advent Calendar was so easy to make from a panel, just folds and stitch down to make the pockets. In each of the pockets I am placing tiny candy canes which will have a 'random act of kindness' written on the back. I will be encouraging people to take a candy cane they would like to do and replace it with one of their own kindness thoughts throughout December.

I have always wanted to make this particular Christmas tree, so dug through my Christmas fabric stash (very limited) and I think it turned out pretty good.

The felt Christmas tree was fun to make. I bought couple of panels to cut up for the Christmas decorations, backed them with felt so they would stick to the tree. A great little tree for the kids to 'decorate' instead of taking the decorations on and off the 'real' Christmas tree.
Attached Thumbnails p1010001.jpg   p1010004.jpg   p1010006.jpg   p1010003.jpg   p1010005.jpg