View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 12:10 PM
Bree123

Thank you all for your feedback. These pins are less than a year old & definitely aren't rusted. I am planning to buy more #2's that are curved (these are straight 3's). I really like those. I can't imagine trying to use Size 0 with W&P. It wouldn't even go through. I have a hard enough time trying to get 1's in there, which is why I mostly use 2's.

I've never heard of Fray Block. That sounds like the better option if I do have issues with the snapped threads. It's why I was so reluctant to put any Fray Check on it. And I will definitely think twice before buying pins from that store again. I usually buy them at JAF, but got the #3's from a different store, so they are a different brand. I did struggle a bit to get them in & had to sometimes move them slightly to the left or right to get it through the fabric; looking back, I bet you're right about the pins being too dull for quilting. Maybe one of my friends who uses cloth diapers would like them & I can pass them along to them. I hate to throw out so many pins; they must be good for something -- just not quilting.