View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 03:05 PM
pflum1

Default scan n cut

Originally Posted by quiltsillysandi View Post
Hi All,

I am thinking of purchasing the Brother Scan & Cut since it has dropped in price from the first time I saw it.

It is my understanding this machine has the capability to scan a simple design to form an appliqué, cut it, and if needed, you can set it to make the design 1/4" larger for needle turn or turned edge appliqué.....Is this true?

I would love to hear your feedback on the Brother Scan & Cut or any other machine if this type.

Thanks,

Sandi
I have the scan n cut and it doesn't take much learning curve. I also have the accuquilt GO cutter. I find that on the scan n cut you have to be sure you get the fabric on the sticky mat good and tight, then get the blade set on about 5, that will depend on how thick the fabric is. I did a great job the first time I used it. I find accuquilt cutter to expensive if you are only going to do a couple things. I cut 10 circles in just a few seconds, since it's electric, didn't hurt my arm. If I was going to purchases another accuquilt cutter, I would get the electric one as I find turning the Go does get tiring and it wants to move around a lot, I even have a mat under it, it still moves.