Old 11-22-2015, 06:45 PM
miriam
Power Poster

I don't get professional, computer machine results but I just use a zz stitch, which that little Elna does beautifully. A couple months ago I bought a cheap plastic wonder machine because it had a kit and some appliqué scissors. The scissors are German made and were a true prize. I would recommend getting a pair if you do raw edge appliqué. I had some fabric with HUGE flowers so I cut them fussy and appliquéd them on totes. The first couple I did were on a Montgomery Ward machine. I can't say I was thrilled with the results but the main reason was I didn't think much of the presser foot on that machine. The Elna had a nicer stitch and I liked the foot. I've never use a blanket stitch for appliqué but I just do raw edge. I'm not sure how a blanket stitch would do on raw edge. I can think of other reasons I'd like a blanket stitch or a button hole stitch but I just do them by hand anyway. I like the hand done look better. One of the things I like about the Corina Elna is the foot control can go slow. I like a slow speed for appliqué. It is easier to go around curves and get the details crisp. I've often though a hand crank with fancy stitches would be nice for that but I haven come across anything I wanted to use or would work. I've seen some that could but didn't like the machine.