View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 07:23 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Manalto View Post
Something is - maybe the top? I love the early 201 with the chrome handwheel.
I think hand wheels are the first thing John notices and then checks the clutch/stop motion. He is drawn to the large treadle hand wheels and if it is the solid ones he prefers them chromed.

Originally Posted by HelenAnn View Post
The machine is in there backwards. I have seen this a few times and really wonder if the people have ever used a sewing machine.
That was my initial thought, too. but then I saw where the hinges were. Then noticed the front leaf, to lift to raise the head, was in the correct position.

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
it must not be on the hinges then - more likely the drawers are in from the wrong side or it was disassembled and put back wrong.
That has got to be it. And .... did not pay attention to where the holes were for it - consequently used a power tool to make screws go into the top - BACKWARDS

Originally Posted by Manalto View Post

OR - it could be that extremely rare drawerless Singer cabinet that is selling on eBay for thousands! [facetious]
I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a cabinet that I hadn't seen and possibly have drawers on the side. It was a while before I knew that they made one like that (for the 101, I think).

At least they got the front of the machine pictured -- so many don't even do that.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.