View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 01:37 PM
KenmoreGal2

Default It's a one of a kind!!

It's a totally original quilt because of my "design choices". I made this for donation, collecting quilts for Vets in their area.

I had never used fleece for a backing before and wanted to try. I had a piece from my stash in mind. When my top was finished, I discovered my fleece was about 2" too short. I planned to bind it by bringing the front to the back. When I discovered the fleece was too short I should have just used something else but no - I plunged ahead! I figured I'd just fold even more fabric from the front to the back to hide the missing fleece.

I quilted the top and fleece and then realized that if I folded the top and bottom borders to hide the missing fleece, the stitching would be right in the middle of my squares and highly visible. So I decided to use a cam and accentuate that line of stitching rather than hide it. Here it is

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536464[/ATTACH]
I think it looks even nicer from the back.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]536465[/ATTACH]
Here's pictures of the front and back of the quilt. It's definitely one of a kind!! Totally original! I'm not unhappy with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536466[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536467[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_6715a.jpg   100_6719.jpg   100_6720.jpg   100_6721.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-26-2015 at 05:00 AM.