Thread: Quilting Studio
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 04:30 PM
Cam's gram

My area is in our basement althought I do have a large egress window but only have sunlight in the early morning from it. I had overhead fluorescent lights for drop ceilings with 4 bulbs in each (think they're t12) installed. I had two units over my cutting island, one over my sewing cabinet, and three over my long arm. I have a bar or kitchen area to the side with a 6 ft island that I have pendents over and lights in the ceiling between the back wall of cabinets and the island. I also had one installed over the sitting area so I can do hand work there while I watch TV. My outlets are 2ft off the floor. The support poles have been finished and I also have outlets in them. DH put in a subfloor over the concrete and I have carpet - I know I'm in the minority on that. Also, our basement has nine foot walls and it's a wood basement so there isn't a humidity problem. It's as warm as the upstairs. I also have a storage room with a door by the longarm. DH built two units with adjustable shelves out of the white laminate boards. All my material, books, ect, is in there. I can't tell you how bright my work area is but it's great. By planning it out, I don't have shadows to deal with.