View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 08:21 PM
cindyg

I work full time, I'm involved at church, we have an RV and boat so for 8 months out of the year we are at the lake about every other weekend. We are empty nesters. We both are good at keeping the house neat and now (finally) I have a cleaning lady that comes every other week. I do the laundry when it's either do laundry or run to WalMart for underwear. When I get home from work I cook for the two of us but most of the time it doesn't take over 30 minutes. I limit myself to one project at a time. I like to start one and finish piecing it completely before starting another one. If I walked into my sewing room and had to look at several different projects, I would feel rushed and overwhelmed. Quilting is my hobby so I want to relax and enjoy it. I'm tired in the evenings but I have found that if I just walk back to my sewing room and turn on the machine, that I find the energy to do a little sewing. Sometimes I have a "TV work" project or camping project going on such as locker hooking. The main obstacle though is the computer and the quilting forums that are there. Now I've found this wonderful site so it means more computer time. I get a lot more sewing done if I don't turn on my computer when I get home at night.

P.S. - I admire those of you who make the bed every day. I only make the bed if company is coming - I'd rather be quilting. My grandmother would tell me that I should be ashamed of myself for not making the bed every day. I'm NOT. LOL