View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 08:54 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I had the 830 as my machine for 30 some years. Then I bought a new bernina, and gave the 830 to my younger sister who had always said if I got rid of it she wanted it. It still was in perfect condition and sewed like a dream. Not one problem in all the years I had it. That is a lovely machine and at the time I gave her mine, they still were selling on e bay for as much as my hubby paid for it. About $1,200.00. This was about five years ago. Now the price is lower, but, like someone said condition is everything. I had bought lots of extra feet and kept up with the servicing, so it was a great gift.

Earlier this year I found an old bernina 730 secondhand, serviced it and gave it to my older sister. (That is the older best bernina model before yours) Once she started using it, she is a convert. They are real workhorses and make a perfect stitch, even the decorative built-in stitches are perfectly made. The 830 was the top of the line in it's time.

By the way, it is only a couple hours from me to go and get it if you are donating it to a good cause. I loved that machine!

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 11-28-2015 at 09:02 AM.