Thread: Work meetings
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 10:45 PM
pittsburgpam

I wish there was no way I could lose my job... unless I wanted to. :-D If I was REALLY smart, I wouldn't need to work at all!

Reminds me of a routine of Bobcat Goldthwait. "I lost my job. No, I didn't really lose my job. I know where my job is. It's just, when I go there, there's this new guy doing it." Later in the routine he says, "I lost my girlfriend. No, I didn't really lose my girlfriend. I know where she is....." :lol:

The QQ is going OK. I got the other table support on and got the pieces of the table on and partially bolted down. I unpacked the carriage and set it on the bars. It's starting to look like a real one. I also found that I need six 10' poles, not five. The 6th one is for the batting. I can still put it all together without it, of course, and make another trip this weekend to the home store.

There's still a lot of work to do on it and I need 40' of velcro to attach the leaders to the rails and to attach the leaders to the quilt backs. I saw that on Sharon Schamber's Network. I also saw how she makes side leaders with PVC pipe and canvas for the clamps to attach to instead of directly to the quilt so that the tension is even and not pulled on just where the clamps are.