Old 11-29-2015, 08:34 AM
Nilla

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
It sounds like you just don't enjoy the quilting part of quilting, and that's perfectly okay. Many people enjoy making tops. Have you considered sending your tops out to be quilted? You could get a lot of tops quilted for what you'll get for your longarm.

My other thought is that perhaps your longarm isn't the right one for you. What about it don't you like?
i never minded quilting a smaller quilt, such as a crib size or maybe even a smallish lap size on my regular sewing machine, so it's not the actual process of quilting, and when my long arm just turned on and ran without having to adjust tension constantly etc, I could even enjoy that type of quilting, but I don't have the patience for constantly being in the lookout for something going wrong. I just want to turn it on and go, and apparently long arms don't work that way. I don't think I've ever adjusted tension on my regular sewing machine, but that does make me wonder; do you have to adjust tension constantly in the sit down machines?