Old 11-29-2015, 10:59 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I agree that it is very hard to force yourself to learn a new machine. Especially if the old one has given such good service for so many years. I was like that with my bernina 830 record.

It was almost traumatic to switch over to a new machine. (bernina artista 180 with an upgrade inside to 200) I think the hardest part was frying my brains reading the new manual to learn what the new computerized one could do. It took almost a full day to read it all with understanding. I am so glad that I did that, but, yikes!

It wasn't long after that when my neighbor and friend passed away and I bought a 440 bernina auroa. Which I started the same way reading the manual. It wasn't as hard as the first computerized machine, but, different type of technology was used to access the embroidery module and many more built in features and designs. But, it is the main machine now.

The other day, I went over to teach a lady how to use a bernina1600's embroidery module. I had never seen one before, but, it was so easy to glide through the manual to teach her the basics enough to use the built-in embroidery designs.

I think my point is, if you are using the same brand machine for so many years, it makes it easier to step from the old into the upgraded machines. They are a little different, but, the basics are all there and the process is familiar.