View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 04:46 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
<snipped>
Here's a few of mine:
1) This I've been wanting for a while. It's not even a machine. The Singer #42 Art Deco sewing desk. Preferably the walnut version. That's my biggest want. I've had to let a few slide by due to finances but eventually the right one will show up.
2) An early New Home, especially with the flat tension on top. I just think they're beautiful. They have great lines to me.
3) An early electric machine, preferably original with a swing away Hamilton Beach motor.
4) This one isn't a machine either. There was an early Hamilton Beach motor on a separate cast iron stand that you could sit next to a machine to run it. One of those would be great. I want my collection to show some of the evolution of the modern electric machine.
5) An early foot-shaped foot controller.
6) An early Franklin with the Scarab pattern. I just think it's a neat decal design and it's a good representation of our nation's fascination with all things Egyptian back then. I like it far better than Singer's Sphinx pattern.
7) An early Free with the Peacock pattern decals. I love Art Nouveau designs too.

<snipped>

So, what are your latest sewing machine related quest items?
Rodney
I had read this earlier and thought of you when I found this http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollect...es/image18.htm I don't think that is the one you want. I would like to find the "Universal" Hand Power Attachment.

I'm not really looking for anything right now. I've got my "Tiffany" 15 and a couple of pre-1900 machines. I missed out on a $25 embossed White - so would like to find one close to that. Even a black one would do, but bronze would be nice.

I've gotten most of the attachments/accessories I've wanted. A couple things that I don't have but would like to find would be a complete single thread embroidery attachment at a very moderate price and a pair of treadle belt pliers.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.