View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 11:46 AM
AnnPatAlexa

Default Introduction & Crash Course

Hi, I'm Ann. I found a Singer 15-91 on the side of the road in June and was given a Shark Sewing Machine in Mayish. I've been working on the FandominStitches.com Harry Potter Project of Doom Paper Piercing (or Quilt by Number as I call it) quilt slowly since then.

The Singer 15-91 was in rough shape so I took it in to get repaired since the wires were fraying and I don't know a think about repairing it. While it was in the shop, I started working on the cabinet. The Cabinet had Mold and needed to be repaired.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536760[/ATTACH]

I got the bright idea on Thanksgiving that I would quilt my niece and nephew quilts for Christmas. So Within the course of Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I took a crash course in quilting based on youtube and pinterest finds. Sunday Night, I hit the wall of everything I could do for the quilt with 1 line left in the quilting process, and just the satin bias tape to add around the edges.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536762[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]536763[/ATTACH]

I've also learned that my cats are not fat enough to act as weights when they sit on the corners as I'm trying to straightening levels. So I'm learning a new skill in time to drive myself crazy before the holiday season. Sounds like a great idea.
Attached Thumbnails singer1.jpg   snow-quilt.jpg   snow-quilt-2.jpg