View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 08:51 AM
Mitch's Gram

Love all the photos of the quilts. I did buy the fabrics for my grandson's quilt since my daughter didn't like what I wanted to use. Nothing was above $4.99/yd. I love that place. All quilt-shop quality fabrics, too. While I was there, I found a wonderful blue plaid and pretty green to match that I had to have for my aunt's great-grandson-to-be. That's all I bought, although I found loads I wanted. I do need to finish using up my stash.

I started really working like crazy on everything, but then life tossed another curve ball, so it slowed me down. Hubby and I have been traveling to see a doctor and he has Hairy Cell Leukemia. Now I want to say right off that if one has to have any kind of cancer, this is one of the "best" to have. He was having the first blood tests on 11/11 and he had his first chemo treatment yesterday. He's supposed to have his last on Friday. He's in great spirits and for the most part, I am as well, but I tend to worry. He does, too, but we both know this is going to be over soon. I just can't find the energy to sew.

Christmas isn't far away and I do want to finish that quilt for my grandson, so I have to get busy. I have quite a bit done, so a good weekend and I should have it finished. Just need to settle down. I finished my UFO, I've been hand quilting it off and on for years and it's now done. I have to check the size of my scrappy quilt, then finish that one.
Attached Thumbnails latest-scrappy-quilt.jpg   ufo-finished.jpg