Old 12-01-2015, 01:58 PM
huntannette

Wow...what a beautiful machine....you are very lucky. I`ve always had Husqvarnas....enjoy your new machine!!!
Originally Posted by TheMountainsAreCalling View Post
Our neighbor and mentor is an 86-year-old hermit living in a museum-like setting in rural Montana. The other day I was doing some hand-embroidery when he arrived, and we got to talking about machines. I showed him my old Morse (a Singer 66 clone) and he wasn't very impressed. This man has only bought the very best all his life, and was an incredibly accomplished mechanic in his time. He mentioned he had an old machine that did "lots of stitches." Today he brought it over and gifted it to me-- a beautiful, mint condition Husqvarna Viking 21E. Of course, as is standard with ALL his tools, it is clean, running perfectly, and has every accessory with it: original case, cams, tool set, manual, and the "table top" (which I'd never seen before). Clearly, this machine is a huge step up from my Morse (and the old Ambassador zig zag I gave my mom). I have also never seen a machine that has a double needle capability! I don't know anything about using the cams, but I'm looking forward to learning. I am in love!

[Also, I think I may have a problem. In one year I went from one useless plastic machine that I could hardly use, to four incredible vintage cast iron machines that I use regularly!]