View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 05:32 AM
QBeth

Originally Posted by Mishi
I've just had a friend very kindly offer to lend me their sewing machine for a little while until I get my own, so I have something to learn and practice machine piecing on. Think I'll be taking a trip to the LQS this weekend to pick up some rotary cutting equipment! :)
Welcome aboard, Mishi, from New Hampshire, USA. Fortune smiled and I was able to visit Scotland a few years back. Beautiful country!! And some of the nicest people I've ever met.

Just wanted to point out that there's a Search feature that you can use to look up information from various threads. In fact, in response to a newbie's question, there was a recent thread on rotary cutters, self-healing mats, rulers, and scissors you might want to check out before shopping. There's also more than one post on quilting acronyms; very valuable!

Best of luck! Don't get discouraged; remember that quilting is supposed to be FUN! Best of all, you don't need a fancy machine, just one that can sew in a straight line will get most things done!