Old 12-03-2015, 04:38 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
Janey, my Wilcox and Gibbs has a rubber ball in the same area to make sure it doesn't go backwards. I would think that maybe on yours it should be rubber?
I'm thinking that rubber would be more effective. The oblong shape and concave surface would do it if the metal had some surface to grip when going the wrong direction. I snapped a few pictures - one shows the worn metal that is on the end nearest the screw hole. I don't understand as when it is installed that area can't get in a position where it would rub anything. Since this is a machine where there isn't "eleventy-million" sites with instructions and pictures and parts list, it is kind of hard to figure out with any certainty as how it was originally intended to work. I was thinking that an o-ring of some sort would have been on it. It is kind of concave shape and if it had a ring on it that would put drag on the wheel that it rides on. I'm wondering if maybe shrink tubing would have enough grip and still keep the concave shape of the oval piece.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536906[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536907[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536908[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536909[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]536910[/ATTACH]

My guess is that anything that would have been on it would have deteriorated and fallen off.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails wholeguard606.jpg   end-extended-607.jpg   wornstop628.jpg   stopgrid630.jpg   stopgridconcave633.jpg  

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 12-03-2015 at 04:43 AM.