View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 10:57 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
The only thing they can't do is make copies of the pattern. You can make things from the pattern and sell them, and you can sell the original pattern you bought. You can loan someone the original pattern you bought, you just can't make a copy and give them that. No one has a copyright on a color scheme. If you buy a pattern you can make it in what ever colors you want. Even if a pattern claims you cannot make the quilt and sell it you still can because they can't do that. There is no law against selling something that is yours. If you make a quilt it is yours to do with as you wish. Copyright is the right to copy and it applies to the pattern only. You can't make copies of the pattern and sell them or give them away. Other than that you are good to go. Someone can file a lawsuit about anything they want, doesn't mean they are in the right.

It's just like a book. They are copyrighted. If I buy a book I can loan it to someone else to read. I can sell it or donate it when I'm done with it. It's my book. I can cut all the pages out an wallpaper a room even if the author doesn't like it. What I can't do it make copies of it. I know no one does that , but its the same rule even though a book is not as easy to run off on a copy machine as a quilt pattern.

Somethings that people think are copyright issues on here are just goofy beyond belief.
No kidding.