View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 12:37 PM
mpspeedy2

Originally Posted by sputano View Post
I love my Juki 2010Q, it is a workhorse. Does a beautiful stitch and just so strong. Does great FMQ on my mid-arm frame. Having a blast.
I own two, stand alone, embroidery machines. My first was a Bernina. I used it so much it is pretty much worn out. I supplemented it with a Brother that uses the same software PES. I probably have also invested as much money in software, as I did in the machines. In the beginning I embroidered everything I could get my hands on. I like to decorate inexpensive sweat shirts etc. with machine embroidery to both decorate and personalize them. For several years most of my children and grandchildren were the recipients of my embroidery machine creations. I have kind of slowed down in the last few years. What I like best about the embroidery machine is that you set it up and push go. It stops when the color of thread needs changing. I can sew away on my regular machine and tend to changing the thread or whatever needs doing just by turning my sewing chair around on it's built in swivel. For my personal use I am a hand quilter. I would much rather spend my time hand quilting rather than embroidering by hand.