View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 06:56 AM
soccertxi

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
soccertxi, does the needle size also affect thread breakage with cotton? I am having the same problems and wondered if maybe its the flannel quilt, I've changed needles, cleaned everything twice, shut here down and started over and am still getting a breakage about every 18 inches. I've been quilting a long time, and have never had so much trouble with one quilt. About ready to put it in the orphan projects box, but my DGS would miss out since his brother gets one that I had no trouble with
It CAN. I have had troubles with different things since I started quilting. Batiks, a weird batting and thread I just COULD not use. Each quilt is its OWN person! This is why I try my tensions EVERYTIME I start quilting. I have finished for the night...gorgeous stitches. Come back in the morning? nothing different? HUGE nests underneath and thread snapping everywhere. I rethread...oil...change needle...change bobbin...say a bad word or two...say thank you to my machine(she is NOT doing this on purpose-TRUST me! lol)...and soldier on. I have left it for a few days...to get my sanity back!