Old 12-09-2015, 08:36 PM
ChattyKathy

Default Vintage Singer Flat Felled Foot for Binding a Quilt

HI:
Last week I was in Las Vegas with my sewing tutor. She kindly was able to provide me with an inexpensive relatively new Singer. I was very excited to learn a new technique: using a Viking 8mm. flat fell foot attached with an ankle adaptor to the Singer. I was able to create a gorgeous hem with this technique. I was in heaven sewing with my new knowledge...so much fun!!!
Recently, a contributor mentioned using a flat fell foot to finish a quilt binding. The person even referred to

http://awomanaday.com/2013/01/17/hap...nding-edition/

Now I am hoping to combine my recent flat fell foot knowledge and use my vintage Singer 15 to finish a quilt binding.

I have been searching to discover the largest flat fell foot available with a Singer 15 to bind a quilt. This is my new search. Any suggestions? I have one but its probably only a 1/4 in.
I saw an industrial size 8mm. flat fell foot (side clamp model). The ad info did not mention a Singer 15. Would this work on a Singer 15?
On Ebay I also saw an extra larger "compensating presser foot" that would fit a Singer 15. Could this also be used to bind a quilt?
Thanks,
Kathy