Old 12-10-2015, 09:34 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
OMG... I think I have just been banned from Quiltville's Open Studio. All I did was post about a tragic girl who lost her family in a fire and is requesting Christmas cards. I suggested making quilted Christmas cards for her and now my post is gone and I am banned. I loved Quiltville Open studio! Does anyone know who I can contact about this?
Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I'm sorry you had to learn this lesson when your intent was honorable.
The rules of every group are posted at the top and the one single reason for bans against this type of things is "what if all 33,000 members did the same thing".
To wholeheart Mom:

I will actually be surprised if you get reinstated. Just join the rest of us who got thrown off there at the whim of the moderators.

Yes, it made me upset as I felt like I had invested a lot of time there (my own fault, now, I realize). Another person got kicked off when they figured she was promoting herself too much which was funny since she didn't promote herself at all--just posted her very well done stuff which people loved. I think the mods get protective when they think a poster is too popular.

Anyway, there are other groups out there...There's Pat Sloan's group (50,000+), a huge one called Quilting (70-80,000+) and a few more with 25,000+ . Life goes on. It really will.

I hope they write you back, but I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if they do. I've not heard of one person who was banned who did.

Because it is a public group and if you want to see the posts, you can see it from another person's profile, or possibly even "no profile", I believe.

I have a hard time going back knowing how they treat people. You can go to Bonnie's blog, however, if you want to keep up with her.