View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 02:09 PM
the King's kid

If you plan to use the block the size it appears to be now, I would say do not sash but add a border (possibly solid red to match squares in the pattern). Using the right color will compliment colors in the block. However, if you plan to make more blocks using the same pattern to increase its size for a quilt of any size, a narrow 1/2 to 1 inch red sash might be appropriate to pull together the pattern. I like the color coordination you used. You did a fine job. Makes me want to make this block also - I'm always open for new ideas. When I find what I like, I copy it into a MS Word document and store it on a flash drive under "Examples" - a great way to pull from another quilter's ideas. I hope I have not confused you with my suggestions. Would love to see the finished piece / quilt; maybe you can do another post. God bless you and may Christmas this year be filled with the Fruits of the Spirits (Galatians 5:22-23).

Last edited by the King's kid; 12-10-2015 at 02:14 PM. Reason: grammar correction