Old 01-20-2010, 11:29 AM
BlueChicken

Originally Posted by sonwest
Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Here we are.... 30 something women from around the world. We've never met and chances are high most of us never will. New Zealand, Canada, Netherlands, Japan, Britain, America... and probably some I've missed, is there anyone from Australia? How impressive is that list!

We all started this journey at the beginning of the year, our goal is to make the same quilt that Jane Stickle made in 1863. 169 blocks.... 52 triangles... and 4 kites. She can't have done it in one year, surely it took longer!

We're not out to defraud, we're not out to start a war.... we just want to quilt, we just want to sew together, and learn, and laugh, and no doubt sometimes cry.

Admin doesn't want to shut us down, they just want to protect their site. If someone mentions the dreaded copyright word (I'm too scared to even type it! ;-) it's not an offence punishable by death! The post will be deleted, that's all. No hanging, no whipping, no court date.

We can still post photos of how a block went together, the tricky parts, how we got around it, etc. And if we step over the line, admin will no doubt let us know, and we'll adjust ourselves, and carry on.

So lets get back to what we're here for.... being part of the biggest and bestest online group to ever make a Jane Stickle quilt. :-)
I'm from Australia!
Yayyyyyyyyy!!!

So our list is..... in no paticular order (I put America last cause you guys are the most obvious and you're the biggest ;-) )

:thumbup: New Zealand, Canada, Netherlands, Japan, Britain, Spain, Australia, Ireland, America. :thumbup:

How seriously cool is that!