Old 12-12-2015, 08:34 AM
SheriR

@PamH. I'd jump in with clue 3. It's so easy you'll be pumped to start clue 1. Then you'll flow right into clue 2 and BAM you'll be caught right up!!

I did not use the strip method. I cut one strip off each cheddar I was using. Some were FQs some were 1/4 or 1/2 yard pieces. After gathering my cheddars from all their hiding places I discovered a rather embarrassing collection..... that allowed me to skip any I thought looked too "wheaty". Then I cut eight squares off each strip. For my neutrals I had some 2" strips left over from clue 2 so those got cut into squares. Then I pulled more varieties and cut one strip from those, and more 2" squares were created. Because I want a good mixup, they all went into a box. As I sewed I decided to make 10 four patch units at a time so I'd know when to stop. (I didn't count my cut squares exactly.) so I picked 20 cheddars and 20 neutrals. Sew sew sew 2's, alternating top cheddar, top neutral. I cut those in sets and made the four patches being careful to keep the seams tuned as per Bonnie's directions. It went amazingly fast. The seams nest so nicely. Pressing was a breeze seeing as how we aren't spinning the center. Today I should breeze on through my last 80 four patches.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg