Old 12-12-2015, 02:50 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by ChattyKathy View Post
Miriam thanks for the info. I can use my Necchi Mira BU with the industrial size flat fell foot. That is great news!!! I do know the difference between high & low shank. I love my Necchi.
However, I am still wondering what would be the "widest" flat fell foot available for a Singer 15?
Thanks,
Kathy
Kathy, I read about the binding being put on with a Bernina or Janome flat felled foot, but it mentioned moving the needle position. My suggestion would be to "play around with" an adjustable hemmer. You would move the attachment position rather than the needle position. I did a google search and saw a couple of places that described doing a flat felled seam with the adjustable hemmer. I searched - felled seams "adjustable hemmer" I have a Pfaff flat felled foot but it is only 6 mm but can move the needle position by 13 places in that 6 mm space. It has been quite a while since I have played with either the adjustable hemmer of the flat felled foot. Good luck with figuring it out. I'm sure that there would be an interest if you figured out how to use the adjustable hemmer to bind a quilt on a vintage machine.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.