Old 01-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Honey

Last summer I finally gathered my courage, had the rescue dogs ready and dove into my sewing room :shock: After I got the room itself squared away I attacked my fabric bins with a vengence :evil: Everything got sorted into containers and relabeled. I took all of my scraps and cut as many 5" squares as I could because all of my kids wanted an old fashioned tied quilt with squares of everything and anything. These went into a labeled bin and is kept handy so I could pull out and put a few squares together in between other projects. I did seperate the Christmas ones and the red, white and blue ones for seperate use. The leftover strips went to my sister. She loves making strip quilts. She seperated by width and some color combinations. So far between us we have made 6 quilt tops out of these scraps :thumbup: They are all simple patterns, nothing to complicated at all, but the point is by the time we were both done only minute pieces were tossed :lol: We both felt good knowing we had utilized every bit we could :P The rest of my fabric is stored in easily accesable labeled bins. Any combo of fabric is in a zip lock bag. Some with the patterns I want to use and the rest just telling how much of each is inside. This way I no longer have to "paw" through everything to find what I want, and I know exactly which bin has what when I want it :thumbup: