View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 10:49 AM
quiltingbuddy

Default How would you do this?

I have several of these blocks that I won at a quilt meeting and want to set them in a Christmas tree shape as you see here but more rows of course. I want to surround these with different green fabrics from my stash. So here's my question:

The blocks are 10" square now and I was thinking of adding 5x10" rectangles made into 10" squares set on the outsides of these where the row would have 2 different green fabrics going horizontally then two green fabrics set vertically and alternating horizontal and vertical to the ends outside the ornament blocks as wide as I decide to go with them so the ornaments would end up tree shaped (large triangle).

So would I cut 5 1/2" x 10 1/2" rectangles for each or does it depend on the direction they go? Or would I have to cut 5 1/2 x 10" or 5 x10 1/2" for every other square as they alternate?

i know I could just cut all 5 1/2" squares and do 4patches but this seems more interesting, I'm just not sure what to cut. Any thoughts from you brilliant ladies would be appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538035[/ATTACH]
Wow the pic came out small but I'm sure you get the idea. Please say you get the idea from this and thanks for your help! Ok the pic was only small until it actually posted lol.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg