View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 03:31 AM
Quilting Aggi

Feathers I started with a chain of 37 crumb blocks. they are still looking crumy!! :) I still need to add a few more pieces to them before I cut them down into 6" blocks. Yesterday I picked up a 6" fussy cut square.

Don't get stressed over this.. its actually a stress free technique.. You just grab and sew with no worries. I will try and take a few photos tonight. I will be making another set this evening as the first 37 belong to a scrap quilt I will be making my boyfriend. Tonight I will be starting from scratch again to start a second crumb quilt. I gathered about 3 containers of scraps over the week to use and will lay them next to my machine tonight and just close my eyes, put my hand in a container and pick anything! :)

I have my quilting bee group tonight and I'll set myself up in the dining room and have the room to myself. I will need lots of space this evening. I will keep my camera close by and take photos as I go. After everyone leaves I will post the photos. Hopefully you will get to see how I do mine.

I have noticed that I make my crumbs a little bit smaller than the blocks on the websites some of you shared, but then I like working with small pieces sometimes.. I love the challenge, and you get more colour in each block!

its 9am here now at the office, so I have to get through the next few hours before going home to crumbs :) sigh.... ahh well I have a long weekend coming up!! wooo hooo! more sewing time! more crumbs!!