View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 07:26 AM
Snooze2978

I make all my quilts as gifts and usually try to use colors they like plus ask in a way they don't know what I'm doing into what style of quilt they might like...........traditional or modern. By the time they receive it they've forgotten all about it most time. Right now I'm making a quilt for every single person and couple in my congregation. Now that they know this I've had one person come up and tell me what colors she hates which is good to know but then goes on to tell me she wants a black backing. Its just the way she told me that irked me plus she's also the same person that whenever something is brought to the Hall to share, she grabs 1st whether she can use it or not but she rarely brings anything herself and when she does its whatever she has left over and not in good shape. Anyway, I'm still making her quilt and luckily it didn't have any of her hated colors and I did go ahead and get some black backing only because I found it on sale at the time but she one of those sort of people you hate to do anything for.

I feel once I've given a gift whatever it may be, what the recipent does with it is no longer my concern. Of course I hope they enjoy it and use it but if they decide to use it to cover a tractor (live in farming country) or use it on their bed is their choice. It will just remind me not to make anything else though. I find most folks that don't sew knows just how much time, money and effort is put into making these gifts whether its a quilt or something smaller. But its all made with love...................most times as we're not obligated..............just want to.