View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 10:37 PM
cathyvv

I sometimes have difficulty because of the colors - color blindness makes some similarly colored pieced shapes blend into each other. When I look at patterns in magazines, then look at the fabric descriptions and how much of each is needed, I frequently say, "There's no 'color X' in that quilt!"

Then I study the picture of the quilt and see the difference in the pattern of the fabric, but I really don't see the color that was mentioned in the directions.

If the colors of the fabrics are bright or high contrast, then I don't have a problem discerning shapes.

Needless to say, the quilts I make use bright , high contrast fabrics. I learned learned that I can only use 4 - 5 different fabrics in a quilt without getting overwhelmed.

While I can't be sure, I think my Mother had the same problem. I base that on some of her UFOs. When I tried to complete a couple of them, I got lost when I tried to piece them.

Having said that, the test said I'm in the top 4%, probably because quilting has forced me to be more particular when determining shapes! I have noticed a definite improvement from pre-quilting days!

Last edited by cathyvv; 12-16-2015 at 10:50 PM.