View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 06:20 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Quilters dream poly is unlike any other poly I have used, in a good way. In appearance it is much more like Hobbs 80/20. It is a lower loft and dense for a poly. Unlike, say, hobbs Polydown with is loftier and not dense at all. As far as weight, it is lighter than W&N but I really didn't notice much difference between it and 80/20. I suspect it is probably a wee bit lighter as that is simply the nature of the two fibers. The one time I used it I hand quilted it. As far as needling, it handled very much like 80/20 where as Hobbs polydown is much easier to needle in hand quilting. I did get a tiny bit of bearding but I attributed that to the beeswax I had put on my quilting thread. I don't think it would have migrated otherwise and it only did it as I was pulling a needleful of stitches through and only sporadically. I gifted the quilt to my brother who has a place in the Sierras. He has told me it is plenty warm.
I have never had a bad experience with any QD product so I would encourage you to give it a try.