View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 09:36 PM
Luci177

Default Birthday Present

My sister appreciates religious works and I think I made something unique for her upcoming birthday. The fabrics started as a mish-mash from different places and people. The center is an Alexander Henry design, one of my favorites. The fabric looks like it was tea-dyed, giving it an antique look, it also has subtle gold accents. I did FMQ in a neutral thread and stippling. The next wine colored border is 1 1/2 inches of gold metallic, with a clamshell design, it was gifted to me with a batch of Asian fabrics. The last border was initially the most unlikely fabric. I bought it at a thrift store, in a generous bundle. It was rows of Egyptian looking fabric, with lilies and turquoise and elaborate designs. I was inspired and put the fabrics together. I also did something new, a mitered border. I found my angles were a little wavy at first. I took it in a little and starched and pressed it into submission. The borders were sewn using a walking foot and gold metallic thread. A couple of seams were a a scalloped design. It took a while to sew the borders, as the finished size is 21 x 92. The backing fabric is a creamy white/ivory with gold metallic shot through. I astonished myself with this one, I feel it was divine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538331[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538333[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg