View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Dina

Default Strange Bargello question...

I am in the process of sewing strips together to make a "sort of" self-designed rainbow Bargello. This is my tenth or eleventh Bagello, but an idea just came to me as I am "creating" the strip set. The strip set will look like striped material. Is it possible to make a sort of "fake" Bargello by using striped material...instead of sewing the strips together?

I just went and looked at Fabric.com, and I saw lots of striped fabric that might be fun to use for this idea. It certainly wouldn't be a real Bargello, but now I am wondering if anyone has tried this idea.

(Since the first thing you do is "create" your own fabric....couldn't you start with fabric that is already stripes? Of course, it wouldn't have 10 different shades of the same color...but it could still be interesting....the Bargello I am making now is going to be a rainbow-type thing, and I have seven different rainbow colors in a row. I saw some fabric that had just that.)

So, has anyone heard of anything like this? Just curious and wondering how my brain came up with this idea...

Dina