View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 10:11 AM
SewingSew

When I was nineteen, a friend taught me how to make bread, as well as how to braid it. It became part of my weekly routine. Then I discovered bread makers. Oh happy day! About 20 years ago I bought an Oster. It made 2.5 lb loaves. I have used it constantly since then. I have made pizza, cinnamon rolls, and all sorts of breads. The bread that I make most often is an herb bread. It has dill, basil, rosemary and onions in it. I have made a variation using garlic and Italian seasoning. I have made banana/macadamia bread, whole wheat with honey and almonds, pepperoni cheese bread, rye bread, Pumpernickel bread, raisin bread, hamburger buns, etc. I wouldn't want to be without it. In the fall and winter, I make a lot of soups and stews and fresh baked bread is a perfect accompaniment. This winter I plan to try my hand at making bread bowls to put soup in. I love the way the house smells when I am baking bread. It makes my house smell like a bakery.

I am going to be looking for a new breadmaker soon. I want another one that makes 2.5 lb loaves, because a lot of the recipes that I like to make are for a 2.5 lb loaf. The last time that I checked, West Bend and also Zojirushi made breadmakers that could make a 2.5 lb loaf. Most of the others make only up to 2.0 lb. If anyone knows of a 2.5 lb machine, please let me know.