View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 11:26 AM
Macybaby

After spending about an hour testing out different features and sewing on the Brother and Juki, we came home with the Juki. I didn't care for the needle down as the default setting on the Juki, but I think I can learn to live with it, and with the thread cutter, it probably works better that way. Will take some getting use to the knee lift, but I know I'll like it as I've used machines with it before.

The Juki handled everything I tried just fine, and I was able to sew nicely even at the highest speed. I really liked the machine, and while I was on the Juki, DH was doing some sewing on the Brother. I was "sold" on the Juki but DH insisted I try the Brother, and then he sat at the Juki. We both sewed for about 3" and looked at each other and said "we'll take the Juki". My husband said he thought the two would be a lot more similar than what we found.

DH is looking forward to sewing on the Juki, so we'll see how he likes it compared to his beloved Singer 201.

I'll post a more in depth review of the machine after I get to use the one I brought home. Right now it's warming up as it's spent the last 24 hours in the cold trunk.