View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 09:54 AM
Maureen NJ

Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
Every year since I have been with Wal-Mart (16), I have made a little something for our members of management. There are close to 20 of them (give or take a few). This year I decided to make "sock snowmen" in their favorite College team colors or if they weren't into football I did them in CHRISTmas fabric. They measure between 7 and 9" high and once I gave them to members of management I received orders for 14 more. Along with what I did for my family, I have made over 50 of them. Unfortunately I did not take pictures of many of them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538639[/ATTACH]
This is one I made for my sister to give as a gift. She lives in Florida and the recipient loves palm trees, candy canes and holly. I only had one palm tree small enough to put on the snowman so I put it on the back. I used little tree twigs strengthened with glue that dried clear as the arms.

The scrappy fabric ornaments were 2014's gift
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538640[/ATTACH]

2013 was the fabric box rage
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538642[/ATTACH]

And this was the year before that (2012)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538641[/ATTACH]

2011 was another ornament
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538643[/ATTACH]

What to do for 2016??? All suggestions will be appreciated
They are ALL beautiful but I especially love the sock snowman. I'm not too good with ideas. I' like to make some travel bags for my shoes to go in my suitcase. Not cute but practical.