View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 06:54 AM
Weezy Rider

The Steam-fast mini iron. I don't like spritzing. I get big water spots with any spray bottle. If I need to spritz while ironing I use the spray on the iron. I've tried to relax fold marks in fabric with that spray that everyone likes and got big areas of wet. I have the bottle filled with white vinegar and filtered water.

I've had a few irons for Quilt in the Hoop, and they don't press seams flat enough. For big items, I will use the main ironing board, but I have an add-on ironing table on the SewEzi, and if you are playing with mini strips on 5 inch blocks getting up since those go so fast can be a pain.

I had to move the ironing board to get room for the Accuquilt.

Got a few more templates for FMQ. Am drawing on fabric rather than the machine until I feel more secure in what I'm doing on the Juki. But using the templates sure makes adjustments easy when the standard sizing is a bit off due to sewing glitches that can happen when using a stencil.

I'm starting to see that pressing is causing a few of my problems, along with small rulers for trimming at the machine.