View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 07:38 PM
Irishrose2

Merry Christmas, everyone. My day was extremely blessed. Twenty two of my children and grandchildren were here for a day of shared love, food, and fun. It was a close call, though could have been closer. I lost power due to high winds at 2:30 AM Thursday. It was restored 17 hours later at 7:30 in the evening. In time to have light to put on my makeup to usher at church. Our Christmas dinner menu was adjusted slightly, but no one went hungry. My hearts go out to those still without power - Sunday is the projected restore time for outlying areas. 30,000 still down in this area. Thank God for the Consumers Power workers who are doing their utmost to get us all back on line. A grandson and his new wife offered their house - the East side of town had power, but the logistics of the move were not something I wanted to deal with. Sweet of them to offer, though. One SIL had to leave. He does computer work for the MI prison system and the power outage was interfering with a prison downstate. My son offered to take his family home so they could stay, which is an extra 100 miles for him, but that's what little brothers are for. (Little brother is 44).

Tomorrow is a new day and an opportunity to deal with what we indulged in today. Ice cream was my downfall.
Love and light to all.