Old 12-26-2015, 08:51 AM
Jratcliff

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
I liked the Juki for the following reasons: HUGE harp space (18" long and a whole 10" high), lighting is awesome, built in bobbin winder with an independent motor, direct drive motor (no belt), thread cutter, simplicity, and the biggest reason is that my LQS is a dealer so the support and service are local. I've also heard great reviews of Juki machines in general. I wasn't interested in a stitch regulator so no big deal that Juki doesn't have one.

So ... I am the proud owner of the Juki 2200QVP-S sit down quilting machine .... I spent a few hours working out the tension, practiced a bunch of stuff ... and I ready to rock-and-roll!!
Congrats! I got one as well, although I went with the stand up and the frame. (Had a sitdown for a couple of years and traded it in.) I am in heaven!
One thing I've tried and now don't use is the thread cutter. It cuts just fine, but my issue is it cuts the thread at about 1/4" which means to get started again and pull up the bobbin thread, I can't. I have to use tweezers to grab the bobbin thread and pull it up so it's long enough to pull to the top of the quilt. I can't find anything anywhere about how to set it to cut longer threads.
Otherwise, I am on that machine for several hours every day. Best ever!
Jane in OR