Old 12-27-2015, 09:35 AM
givio

QNS, your batik description seems like it would be a lovely solution for a background for Jan's blocks. The handy thing with quilts is that someone usually likes them. When we don't like it ourselves, we can give to someone who says they do like it, which make room in the house for starting a new one for ourselves.

I sewed several of my FW blocks together. I set them on point in various solid colors. Since I've made a quarter of the blocks, I thought I'd set them, in order to have it be less of a task at the end when all the blocks are completed. I don't know what to put on the back. The idea for that isn't coming to me...

We had a dust of snow this weekend that's melted already. It's been unseasonably warm in Michigan so far this winter-- fodder for people who espouse the global warming theory. I don't. There was a change in the earth's axis recently reported and I wonder if that made a difference by pointing us more toward the sun.

Carriem, looking forward to pictures of your fabulous star quilts! And QNS, your red, white, and blue one!