Old 12-27-2015, 10:17 AM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

I agree with the other posters. For your price point, you probably aren't going to get much more than you currently have. A computerized machine will just have more decorative stitches, not one that will guide or steer you (if I understand you correctly). That would take an embroidery machine or a long arm computerized set up. I would use a small portion of your amazon card & purchase Marti Michell's book: "Machine Quilting in Sections". This explains several quilt as you go (GAYG) techniques that enable you to more easily quilt a large quilt on a small domestic machine.

http://www.amazon.com/Marti-Michell-...=marti+michell

You might also want to invest in some special feet for your current machine. I would get a walking foot and an edge guide foot for 1/4" seams.
I would take some of the additional money that you have and take a couple of quilting classes at your LQS, to get a bit more experience and understanding of what you really want your machine to do. Then you can make a list of needs and get the right one. Those baskets are really nice, but the machine requirements don't have a lot in common with a machine that you want specifically for quilting. You probably want a more generalized machine.
It also sounds like you have a good dealer. I would work with them and investigate getting one of their used trade ins. You might need to save up a bit, but in the long run this will be a better option.